Monday, August 10, 2009

Yesterday at 8:40AM the very kind delivery people that I paid delivered my flatpack Aneboda or as you know it my bed! As a lot of you know I don't have a lot of skill when it comes to these kind of things. And poor carpentry skills aside there was just noway that I could build this bed on my own! Along the way there were many points where more than two hands were required. How lucky am I then that I happen to have two super helpful roommates! Don't worry though we did not start building till after 10:30. And well one of my super helpful roommates is just one of those people who has a nack for flatpack! After the bed was done it was time to build my 'closet' which I splurged on a bit. When I say closet I do mean clothing rack. And when I say splurge I mean I went for a bit more better quality then your average clothing rack. Once this was done I decided to probe one of my roommates for extra furniture. I had noticed on Saturday when I was putting away my luggage out in our shed some nice looking chairs. She was thrilled to bestow them on me, she was thrilled to have them coming out of hiding. She also threw in a chest of drawers which is doubling up as a bedside table! My room actually now does not resemble a backpackers squat but a real home! On Saturday night when I was furnitureless I did what I do best in decorating. I adorned my walls in photographs of all my lovely friends and family. I decorated my walls with cards you all gave me before I set off on this grand Australian adventure. I hung proudly my Sverige jacket for all to see. I promise readers very soon I will take photographs of my new home so you can all visualize where I write you from.

In other news today was my first day as ASM (Assistant Stage Manager) for 1984. My 9AM start till 8:30PM finish was a learning curve and a half! I am in charge of the lighting board and its not just a case of press this and press that. I actually have 74 cues to get through including a variety of changes and many that I have to sense myself of when to brighten and dim. After my lovely SM (Stage Manager) and I went back to the 'Nest' (where the company has their awesome warehouse space/home!) to type out my plot I had chicken scratched earlier. She taught me a lot of tech jargon that I did not know which was very useful. And when we finallllly finished the director of the show and Eagle's Nest bought us all pizza and a case of Tasmanian beer. I might not be getting paid but I am being rewarded in food and booze and for the time being that is no problem in my book!

Tomorrow is dress and opening night all combined in to one awesome long day that starts at 9AM again and will go past midnight when we all go out after to celebrate opening night!


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment: