Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I have a home!!! This very evening as I sat on the commuter train out to suburbia my phone rang with the news I have been waiting for oh so long. From Friday I will be living in a beautiful one floor house nestled on a quaint residential street in the heart of Northcote. My house is one of the old ones that I so desperately craved to live in. I have a garden with chairs and a nice big round table for endless long dinners when the weather turns swell. Come out my door and walk up 5 minutes and High Street (name of the road, but is like a high street as we know it in the UK) is right there. As you walk along High Street you come along wonderful cafes, interesting bars, a beautifully restored art deco cinema, green grocers and oh so much more. It all worked out rather perfectly. It is unfurnished but the proud Swede that I am is looking forward to an Ikea adventure tomorrow. I will also scour the opshops for other bits and bobs. I will make this wonderful room with its large windows home for the next year and I can't wait!! Oh and as for the people I will be living with. One PhD student, one university admin employee. Both a couple of years older then me, both of the female variety, both Australian.

Tomorrow I have an interview with a promotions company of some sort. Not able to gather a lot from the advert but hey an interview is an interview! Speaking of which I had to turn down that glorious telemarketing job. I am not able to commit to a 5-9PM shift! I have theatre things to do in the evening. Speaking of which the theatre that 1984 and Macbeth are on at are a 10 minute walk from my new home!! So after running the light board, socializing with the cast, networking and whatever else is needed I will bike home to my new bed! As for the telemarketing job I told them I would get back in touch with them in September if I was still looking for work. Lets hope that is not the case.

Hard to believe in just a matter of hours I will have been living in Australia for a month. In many regards the time has gone very slowly as I trudged through this accommodation hunt. I think I ended up seeing 22 places. I do believe I will have to start gathering my notes from all the places I saw to create my one woman show of accommodation hunting in Melbourne! In other regards the last month has flown by. I have done so much, seen so much, met so many people! I have to say one of the few perks of this arduous accommodation hunt is that I really, really got to know the transportation system. I really, really got to know the areas I liked. I really, really learned a lot about myself.

Good things come to those who wait eh?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Great news! I'm so happy for you. Have fun! coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, my love! I can't wait to see photos of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies! And also Sue I hope you noticed your shoutout in my last post :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete